Monday, August 23, 2010

Roots - Poem

This is kinda random. I was actually asked by my father to write this for my Hainanese Lim Clan Association magazine or something. At the same time, it reminds me to treasure our "roots" as well, as most people don't actually come back to help the clan when they get older and are working. Yes, "yin shui si yuan" in chinese. I admit its not very impressive but i just wanted to share these values (:

Roots
Our roots etched so deep,
like a tree, majestic and strong.
What our ancestors have sown, we reap
Tradition preserved for so long.
When drinking water,
Remember its source.
We must continue growing this tree; bring further
The clan’s traditions and cause.

Contribute to society,
Respect your elders,
Values meticulously imparted.
Our roots firmly planted, like a great raintree,
Reminiscence of our forefathers
We must continue the clan’s legacy; what our ancestors had started.

- Lim Mingxia
2O113

No comments:

Post a Comment