Friday, August 6, 2010

Animal Farm Saved/ Ruined my exciting life

Yes! National Day is just round the corner!
Just think of the awesome display of fireworks and air performances during the parade!
And this year's National Day song sounds great!

...Pardon me but i just can't help but not feel excited at all.

Well, I had just recently read through Animal Farm, (which we did last year for literature) and all of Squealer's propaganda tactics and stuff. And I thought that Squealer must be the smartest animal in the world, or the animals must be the dumbest.

Then I took a look at the National Day Slogan for this year:
"Live our Dreams, Fly our flag"
Think Propaganda.
To me it sounded more like: "Live your dreams by flying our(Singapore's) flag"
Is Singapore that desperate to keep in our local talents?

Then I remember our National Day Parades every year.
Performances, live shows, National day rally and a goodie bag.
And I immediately thought of.... Spontaneous Demonstrations!
If you guys forgot already, Spontaneous demonstrations were parades held by Napoleon every Sunday on Animal Farm. These were held to increase the morale of the Animals. Similar to our beloved NDPs, Speeches, performances and and extra ration was given.
So... is our NDP actually just to give its people illusions that we are doing very well when we are not? To boost our morale?

So now that I think of it, Is the government really really smart, or are we the little farm animals? Too stupid to realise that we are being fed with Propaganda everyday! o.o

MX

No comments:

Post a Comment