Friday, April 23, 2010

Friends

Friends.

This Simple word, consisting of only 7 letters, play a major part in the lives of most people.

But different people have different perceptions of the word "friends"
To some, friends are the people around them who play and laugh with them everyday.
To others, friends are merely tools to help them to achieve a certain goal.
Sad Cases, I guess.

To me, friends are the people in life who go through thick and thin with you, and go through not only happy times, but the sad ones as well. They stick up for you when you are confronted by others, and help you out when you are having difficulties in life, and at the same time, share the fun times with you. To me, that is the definition of a true friend.

However, others may think differently. To some, their friends are their playmates. They are "friends" with each other possibly because they share the same interests and usually play together. These friends are just friends, bonded by the thin line of a common interests.

To some others, however, friends to them are people who can be "used" to achieve their goals. for example, some people, bent on getting a job would "make friends" with the boss of a certain company to get into his good books and thus get a job, possibly a higher one, in his "friend's" company. I feel that If one's perception of friends is as such, he or she would lead quite a sad life. In this case, his "friends" are not really true friends, but rather tools to gain what he wants. A life without true friends is dull and mundane, and is not especially fufilling. If one puts on a facade everyday, so as to be "friends" with someone of high power, then he is a cunning person, and his entire life would be superficial.

In my life, my friends make my life cheerful and happy, and are probably the only reason, besides studying, that i go to, (or rather endure) school everyday. The motivation and anticipation of getting to see my friends after school everyday is enough to get me through the day. It is also my friends who spur me on to strive harder and accomplish my goals, and at the same time, I know that I can rely on them, should I have any problem on my mind.
Friends, a major reason of why I live in this world.

What about you? What is your perception of the word "friends"? Do you have "true friends"?

Regards,
Lim MX





No comments:

Post a Comment